Thursday, October 18, 2012

Arbors

Clearly I love an arbor.  Now before you think I have too many, the five new arbors have function as part of the new deer fence.
The first arbor I built framed The West Lawn.



The second arbor to go up was the Heirloom Arbor, which is the gateway to the backyard.


The third arbor to go up was the East arbor.  It went up with the deer fence in mind.  It is very similar to the second arbor but smaller.


The final four arbors went up after the deer fence posts were set.
 The first of them was the hardest.  I love how it turned out, and cannot wait until I get it painted.  But it was a bit of a bitch to build.  I am not the carpenter, but I do my best.  I wanted this to be tall enough that I would never have to duck my head while coming and going.  I also wanted it wide enough as to not bump into it while carrying in bags or boxes and such.

 Now this arbor is up, but it is not I am not happy with it.  I tried to tell myself that I was liking it, but after a few days of looking at it, no.  This will not look the same the next time you see it.

 I wanted to keep this arbor very simple, and it is.  I love its simplicity, now the gate has to be simple as well.

 We put up this arbor last year and the Trumpeter vine has taken it over.  With the addition of a deer fence, there was no place to attach a gate to this arbor.

 So the last arbor was born.  This arbor is my favorite of the five new arbors.  I need to get the trumpeter vine to start growing on this arbor so I can take the metal arbor down.

Here are photos of the deer fence posts that I set.




 Notice the arbor was not put up at the time this photo was taken.  


No comments:

Post a Comment