Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Arbor update

The deer fence project continues. 
After I had built this so called arbor, I hated it.  Remember, I was only working with the lumber I had on hand.  We won't go into my borderline hoarding tendencies.  Pack rats run rampant in my family, you know who you are.   All kidding aside, I had limited resources.
Before. What a mess.


After.


I change the orientation of the arbor by adding another post.  This setup made the most sense because the other span was waaaaaaaay to wide.  Putting a gate up on that would be a real bitch.  Remember, I am not a carpenter, but I do my best with the tools I have and the ones I can borrow.  Thank god dad is practically next door and my cousin Chrissy has every tool known to man.  Not to mention she helps me with many of my projects in the yard.  We work well together, but none of my projects feel like work.  Not sure if Chrissy shares my sentiment.  Back to the arbor, I needed an entry at this point of the yard that was wide enough to either get the mower through or myself hauling things with a loaded wheelbarrow. 

Today we ripped the deck boards in half to make the the tops of the fence.  I couldn't possibly explain, more on that when I take pics of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment