Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blizzard 2012

We woke up today with a good 4 inches of snow already on the ground, with more coming down.  We had coffee in the parlor looking out at the winter wonderland.  What a glorious feeling, knowing we had nowhere to be.  

The West Lawn
 


 
Check out the snow piled up on the arbor in the background.

 The Roses and perennials are weighted down with snow.  I was worried about the branches breaking from the weight of the snow, so they got a little shake down with a broom after these photos.


 This was actually the first photo that was taken today.  While we were having coffee, you could not see this tree from the snow falling.  It was a white out for sure.

 My favorite photo of the day.

 I love how the snow collects on the branches of the forsythia's.  I did not shake the weight off of these bushes.  I use to think you could do anything to forsythia, you would never harm it.  This still mainly holds true for me, with one exception.  The five or six forsythias that bit the dust last spring, and I still have no idea why.



With temperatures to remain low, all this snow is going to be around for awhile.  The good news, its not on the walks or driveway.  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment